Ghost Skies CLOD Testing

Any topic related to Ghost Skies or Cliffs of Dover

Moderator: Admin team

TUSA/Lolsav

Re: >>>>>Ghost Skies CLOD Testing<<<<<

Postby TUSA/Lolsav » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:42 pm

Hello. I havent read all the thread, but i read enough to understand that vehicle movement is a problem. I dont know if you guys are aware of a script to ensure the vehicles move, so they go to desired waypoint.

Check Salmo work here: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/f ... php?t=8581

Ill be lurking around to see if i can assist in any way. Im not a coder, but i can read some of the stuff, just by trying to figure the logic behind a script. But only the easy stuff :)

S!

II./JG1_Spies
Site Admin

Postby II./JG1_Spies » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:55 am

That script will not solve the issues that we have with ground vehicles.

eriku777

Postby eriku777 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:03 pm

I was curious about the status of the campaign. Is testing still continuing?

Thanks again for all the hard work you guys put in!

3./JG51_Stecher
Lead Admin

Postby 3./JG51_Stecher » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:35 pm

Sorry for the info break. Yes, things have continued. In fact they've transitioned through pure system testing and we are well into the actual building of the beta campaign. Airfields, industrial areas, ports, etc are down on the map for a general layout. Specific placement of structures at locations is being worked out. Right now, the major work from Schulte has been on customizing the airfields. Complete custom spawn groups and structures to help guide everyone on ground operations.

The old GS had the pre-takeoff mulligan. There won't be that, so we have to construct the airfields to minimize ground accidents, mainly by preventing people from taxiing unknowingly through spawn areas, or recklessly taking off through them. The default layouts of airfields make it easy for these to happen, and no one wants to have their entire mission ended before they takeoff, especially when it's not their fault.

Aircraft testing is also underway to help determine their scoring and purchasing value. Ground objects have already been thoroughly tested.
Hptm. Stecher, Staffelkapitän
3./Jagdgeschwader 51
www.jg51.com

eriku777

Postby eriku777 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:20 pm

Fantastic! Was the mulligan removed because of a technical limitation? Can a timer be set to ignore death kick until we are 5 minutes into the mission or so? Without the mulligan we stand to have one takeoff incident throw off the entire mission team/side balance in the blink of an eye.

-- Eric --

3./JG51_Stecher wrote:Sorry for the info break. Yes, things have continued. In fact they've transitioned through pure system testing and we are well into the actual building of the beta campaign. Airfields, industrial areas, ports, etc are down on the map for a general layout. Specific placement of structures at locations is being worked out. Right now, the major work from Schulte has been on customizing the airfields. Complete custom spawn groups and structures to help guide everyone on ground operations.

The old GS had the pre-takeoff mulligan. There won't be that, so we have to construct the airfields to minimize ground accidents, mainly by preventing people from taxiing unknowingly through spawn areas, or recklessly taking off through them. The default layouts of airfields make it easy for these to happen, and no one wants to have their entire mission ended before they takeoff, especially when it's not their fault.

Aircraft testing is also underway to help determine their scoring and purchasing value. Ground objects have already been thoroughly tested.

thatguy

Postby thatguy » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:25 pm

eric will be held "in reserve" until our flights have sortied :D
Fas est et ab hoste doceri - Ovid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPKKQnijnsM

3./JG51_Stecher
Lead Admin

Postby 3./JG51_Stecher » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:14 pm

It wasn't removed so much as what we're using never had it put in. It may be something we'd consider adding, as well as a preflight period restricting takeoff, but right now those are not included in the HR script, and I can't promise we'll get them in. That's why we're being very deliberate with our airfield designs, to make taxiing as safe as possible. Ultimately it will be up to the pilots to be responsible for preventing these things.

Also, just an observation, the planes in CLOD seem less prone to exploding and killing the pilot compared to the old IL-2. So most slow speed ground collisions would likely break the plane but not cause death. But everyone still needs to be careful to take care of their lives and those of their teammates.
3./Jagdgeschwader 51
www.jg51.com

eriku777

Postby eriku777 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:36 pm

thatguy wrote:eric will be held "in reserve" until our flights have sortied :D

Ouch! Truth hurts I guess. Not as much as running into my Tempest as it careens off into another plane, but it hurts nonetheless. :lol:

AKA_MattE

Postby AKA_MattE » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:48 pm

[quote="3./JG51_Stecher"]The old GS had the pre-takeoff mulligan. There won't be that, so we have to construct the airfields to minimize ground accidents, quote]

Watch out for Spawn points on slopes, they are killers.

Glad to hear things are progressing, I will try and make more test missions.

AKA_MattE

3./JG51_Stecher
Lead Admin

Postby 3./JG51_Stecher » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:02 pm

Yeah, Schulte has just finished the last of our 10 airfields, with custom layout and spawns. FYI, both Schulte and I won't be on tonight, so maybe check in on Sunday if you'd like to.
3./Jagdgeschwader 51
www.jg51.com

Return to “General Discussion”