Any News?

Any topic related to Ghost Skies or Cliffs of Dover

Moderator: Admin team

3./JG51_Stecher
Lead Admin

Re: Any News?

Postby 3./JG51_Stecher » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:00 pm

Did a quick test with the server and it posted in the CLOD server list after a little tweak to one file as we changed the website location. Going to be doing full hosting, play, reporting tests tonight if anyone wants to take part.
Hptm. Stecher, Staffelkapitän
3./Jagdgeschwader 51
www.jg51.com

14./JG5_Droz

Postby 14./JG5_Droz » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:03 pm

perhaps. I might be on.

eriku777

Postby eriku777 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:50 pm

What time Eastern Time?

3./JG51_Stecher wrote:Did a quick test with the server and it posted in the CLOD server list after a little tweak to one file as we changed the website location. Going to be doing full hosting, play, reporting tests tonight if anyone wants to take part.

3./JG51_Stecher
Lead Admin

Postby 3./JG51_Stecher » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:18 pm

Was normal time, 9:30pm. Just ending now. Moxy, Nuwen, and I got to confirm a few good things. The server is indeed launching and running the mission. We joined, spawned at all the bases on both sides, made sure they were using the custom layout, fired off some ammo, and ended it. The mission successfully finalized, updated the campaign, and transferred all information to the website.

We planned to test the dead/ground squad system after thinking through how it was supposed to work again, but we needed ground objects to access, and the current files didn't have any. So I went to order some at a factory, and that's when we noticed it wasn't receiving new orders on the website. Confirmed broken for both teams, and also the map is not displaying any icons of things that are there. Existing supply columns and ships are listed, but not shown on the map. So the website is receiving the campaign files and it's sending the pre-existing order files to the campaign at launch, but the icons and orders on the website itself are broken. We (mostly Gunther) did a ton of work improving and updating the website since we went down. This is probably just a side effect of that, with a simple fix if you know where to look. So I'll get together with him and I'm sure we'll get icons and orders back in short order. Either way, I'll be running another session on Sunday, same time.
3./Jagdgeschwader 51
www.jg51.com

3./JG51_Stecher
Lead Admin

Postby 3./JG51_Stecher » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:09 pm

Good news. Gunther was able to track down the website errors. It was deeper and less obvious than we thought it might be, but thankfully it was a single omission that was causing all three of our problems, login, map icons, and commander orders. A simple copy/paste of one line from an old version and it's all running smoothly again.
3./Jagdgeschwader 51
www.jg51.com

14./JG5_Droz

Postby 14./JG5_Droz » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:45 pm

sweet.

eriku777

Postby eriku777 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:57 am

So how are things progressing? Any timeline for starting the first TEST campaign? Thanks again to all for all the hard work!

3./JG51_Stecher wrote:Was normal time, 9:30pm. Just ending now. Moxy, Nuwen, and I got to confirm a few good things. The server is indeed launching and running the mission. We joined, spawned at all the bases on both sides, made sure they were using the custom layout, fired off some ammo, and ended it. The mission successfully finalized, updated the campaign, and transferred all information to the website.

We planned to test the dead/ground squad system after thinking through how it was supposed to work again, but we needed ground objects to access, and the current files didn't have any. So I went to order some at a factory, and that's when we noticed it wasn't receiving new orders on the website. Confirmed broken for both teams, and also the map is not displaying any icons of things that are there. Existing supply columns and ships are listed, but not shown on the map. So the website is receiving the campaign files and it's sending the pre-existing order files to the campaign at launch, but the icons and orders on the website itself are broken. We (mostly Gunther) did a ton of work improving and updating the website since we went down. This is probably just a side effect of that, with a simple fix if you know where to look. So I'll get together with him and I'm sure we'll get icons and orders back in short order. Either way, I'll be running another session on Sunday, same time.

II./JG1_Schulte
Technical Advisor

Postby II./JG1_Schulte » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:20 pm

Whoa weirdness

Lost a monitor on Friday, missed testing replacing.
Had to re-bookmark TS server to get in

Mox

3./JG51_Stecher
Lead Admin

Postby 3./JG51_Stecher » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:41 pm

Working through the giant "how things work" page for the website, based on Moxy's log of things we learned throughout this whole process. And I'm adding in a basic set of assets (flak, tanks, supply columns, etc) for mission #1 to the team templates, which until now just have the airfields and industrial areas. I'll also be releasing a compiled static map file to use as a reference. That should be out this week.
3./Jagdgeschwader 51
www.jg51.com

3./JG51_Stecher
Lead Admin

Postby 3./JG51_Stecher » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:31 pm

The static map is all pieced together, but there's one broken airfield, and I'm trying to fix it. Right now it's just defaulting to the original spawns instead of the set Moxy built. Ideally the file can be used as a template for people to build on and practice for the campaign, so I'd like to get the last airfield working. Worst case scenario is that it still serves as a reference for the permanent layout. The other 9 airfields are working.

We've tested friendly on friendly ground fire, and it appears to do no damage. Shooting enemy ground with player controlled ground absolutely works though. We're going to do ground vehicles vs airfield/aircraft on Tuesday. :D

We've also gotten to the bottom of how the supply columns work in terms of their partial survival/loss, and total destruction. Essentially they are 9 vehicles, 4 of which function as the supply carriers. If you kill 1 of those 4, it destroys 25% of the supply in the column. If you kill 2, it destroys 45%, and if you kill 3, it destroys 60%. So 25%/20%/15% for the first, second, and third supply trucks. If you kill a 4th supply truck, the column is dead and all supplies are lost. The other 5 vehicles do not actually factor in to destroying supplies or killing the column. A column with less than 4 supply trucks destroyed, is back at 9 pieces in the following mission, with the appropriate percentage of supplies that remain.
3./Jagdgeschwader 51
www.jg51.com

Return to “General Discussion”