Restarting Test Missions (Sunday/Tuesday) 9:30pm ET

Any topic related to Ghost Skies or Cliffs of Dover

Moderator: Admin team

3./JG51_Stecher
Lead Admin

Restarting Test Missions (Sunday/Tuesday) 9:30pm ET

Postby 3./JG51_Stecher » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:11 pm

Last August we tried a run of full missions and it quickly exposed a variety of bugs that our small scale tests during development did not reveal. As a result the actual mission tests were quickly ended and we slipped back into bug testing and fixing until the end of last year. In January we resumed website development, updating it with all the extensive information about the campaign, what it is, how it works, etc. In the middle of that, while we were laying out everything in writing we noticed a few features and systems that would benefit greatly from a little more coding changes, well worth the time it took to do them. After that it's been back to the website, which (I think) has essentially been completed, at least with all the necessary information to educate players and support a functioning campaign. Minor tweaking is continuing for appearance only, but nothing substantial.

We once again think that all major issues with the functionality of the campaign have been resolved, and so it is time to start up another test mission run and check all the systems with a larger load of players and objects. We will aim for Sunday and Tuesday, 2 hour missions, starting at 9:30pm ET. For the tests, at least initially, we will have map icons and no timeouts for penalties to help maximize flying and actual system testing. Kicks will still be on to help people learn what not do to, just no additional timeouts for them. Below is a list of currently registered squads. If your squad is not on it, respond in this thread and I will add you. Non-affiliated pilots can use the Axis or Allied squad.

3./JG51
Stab/JG1
I./JG1
II./JG1
III./JG1
TUSA
II./JG77
AFJ
AKA

I urge everyone to read the "Player Procedures" tab under the website Rules section. You need to know that information in order to play and interact with various systems without messing things up for yourself and/or your team. Beyond that, for those curious or interested in possibly commanding, there's a wealth of explanatory information now available in the "How it Works" and "Reference Guide" tabs under the Campaign section.
Hptm. Stecher, Staffelkapitän
3./Jagdgeschwader 51
www.jg51.com

=AFJ=Oracle

Re: *****Restarting Test Missions (Sunday/Tuesday) 9:30pm ET*****

Postby =AFJ=Oracle » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:01 am

Great news, hope the testing goes well. Wish I could participate but I will be out of town.

II./JG77_cdshear
Technical Advisor

Postby II./JG77_cdshear » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:23 pm

Awesome! II./JG77 would like to register on the Axis side, but if it's unbalanced we can be moved around.
II./JG77 - Training Officer
http://www.ii-jg77.com/

3./JG51_Stecher
Lead Admin

Postby 3./JG51_Stecher » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:52 pm

I hope to see you guys on this week. I've reset the files for tonight and will be orchestrating a large amphibious landing. Let's see what we can do with it.
3./Jagdgeschwader 51
www.jg51.com

Perfesser

Postby Perfesser » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:42 pm

We looked for the server on the 19th

3./JG51_Stecher
Lead Admin

Postby 3./JG51_Stecher » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:08 pm

It was up for 2 hours on Tuesday, but I was about 20 minutes delayed on the launch that night. Sorry.

We'll be running again on Sunday.
3./Jagdgeschwader 51
www.jg51.com

=BLW=Vilela

Postby =BLW=Vilela » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:19 pm

Great news friends. I have waited for very time to fly with you. My squad don't have flown at Cliffs but I'll try bring them. I like to fly on axis side without squad for a while. Thanks and good job!!!

3./JG51_Stecher
Lead Admin

Postby 3./JG51_Stecher » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:06 pm

If it's only you for now, then just add Axis_ before your name.

Guys, I'm stuck out of town, but I'm setting up a remote connect chain and I think I'll still be able to launch tonight. Should be able to stop in on TS for a few minutes when it's time.
3./Jagdgeschwader 51
www.jg51.com

=BLW=Phoenix

Postby =BLW=Phoenix » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:37 am

Hello everyone! After long time without play il2, I am here ask for playing with you. So, I am of BLW squad, but nowadays only me and Vilella have playing Cliffs. recentily.

I would like to fly on axis side without squar for while. Thank you!

3./JG51_Stecher
Lead Admin

Postby 3./JG51_Stecher » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:36 pm

For any =AFJ= or =BLW= pilots, the server only recognizes an underscore as the break between the squad and your pilot's name. So you would have to join as AFJ_Name, or BLW_Name.
3./Jagdgeschwader 51
www.jg51.com

Return to “General Discussion”